BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Friday, July 11, 2014

Fred and Coral Take Turns


All my widely scattered feeders get regular though often infrequent visits by Fred, whose is checking out his territory. He also includes a few flowers on his route. Each visit is very brief - not really for food, but just to see what is "his". Coral lingers more but is more selective and favors feeders near the bluff. Yesterday as I sat near the bluff fairly near a secluded feeder, in a 20 minute period I saw first Fred feed, then Coral, then Coral again. Here are clips from these successive visits (2X slo mo).



No comments:

Post a Comment