BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Mini Rufous Update


We arrived at Calypso, our winter place in the Bahamas, just before Christmas. The photo shows the view from our house there. As usual our DSL internet line is not yet working (the summer heat, humidity and salt here always takes a toll on the already flimsy infrastructure) so I'm using my cell phone "hotspot" to get online but only have minimal bandwidth for uploads, so I'll be very brief. In particular I've just had a report from the North Fork homeowner that her 2 rufous hummingbirds are doing well and enjoying yesterday's warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment