BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Fred close-up





1 comment:

  1. Good Morning .. I used to come to your wonderful sanctuary and I helped a few times .. and would gladly help you again carolheals@aol.com .. anyhow .. I love the video .. I also have a male and female here in north Shirley/east yaphank and they have been coming for several years now .. I learned how to feed and care for them from your sanctuary .. so thank you .. It is most certainly paradise found there .. and I do miss it ..but life goes on as they say .. I shall teach my grandchildren about them as I learned from visiting your place .. and praying there are always those humans who love them as much as you and I do .. stay well and keep posting .. sending Love <3 Carolyn

    ReplyDelete