BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Friday, September 4, 2015

Daniel Hauben paints more pictures at the sanctuary; Sign the Petition! Lawsuit


PETITION TO SCHUMER LINK IS AT THE TOP OF THE RIGHTHAND COLUMN

Here's the Mike Pawluk photo I posted in my last post, and here's Daniel Hauben's delightful pastel version of much the same scene (though done a month earlier, with different things blooming):


Daniel (danielhauben.com) is from the Bronx, and is famous for his wonderful and often animated Bronx street scenes. In late july he was artist-in-residence at the excellent East End Arts Center  (EEAC) on Main Street in Riverhead (near the Suffolk Theater and Atlantis Aquarium), and came up here to paint. I'll be featuring more of his work here and on the north fork, and I hope you will be able to order giclé prints - and even splurge on one of his originals. Let me or Daniel know if you are interested in giclés - I imagine his pricing will depend on volume.
He's back again this week at EEAC and has been painting more at the sanctuary - more to follow.

In the mean time please sign my noise petition to Schumer , if you have not already done so:
https://www.change.org/p/charles-schumer-stop-noisy-aircraft-commuting-from-manhattan-to-east-hampton
I'll get back to the Friar's Head saga, and the lawsuit, in my next few posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment