BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, June 11, 2016

FRED at EVENING GUARD; Visiting Procedures

Again tonight, well after sunset, Fred was feeding repeatedly at the bluff-edge feeder where I filmed him yesterday, and I was able to get a bit closer, and focus more sharply. You can see in these various clips (all 2X slo-mo) that he's perching very close to the feeder, making sure that no-one steals his nectar. I think he comes to this feeder for his last feeds of the day because the light is still quite good, and the other feeders are already in the dark.


                                 





Several people have already emailed me asking to visit. All visitation is by personal appointment, however the exact dates and times (august only) will not be announced (on this blog) until late july.
I'm sorry you cannot make reservation now, but visitation is now complicated by the ongoing lawsuit (see sidebar): a couple of neighbors are suing me for $3M, and they have demanded that the Supreme Court judge in the case issue an injunction prohibiting me from receiving guests. My apologies for the hassle. In the mean-time, enjoy the video and commentaries at this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment