BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, March 8, 2014

latest feeding vid; bite

Plumbago (blue), ruellia (purple), bougainvillea (pink).
And here is yesterday's feeding video - at the end she flies straight at me and buzzes with her wings, telling me to GO AWAY! - which I did.


And here's yesterday's photo of the BR bite, taken while I was sitting near Gumbo's nest. The bite itself took place 2 weeks ago, and is almost completely healed, with a small central scab that is flaking off. Sorry for the these clinical images, but they might be of interest (and encourage optimism) for Brown Recluse victims.


No comments:

Post a Comment