BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Latest LaLa portrait

The following detailed portrait of LaLa, the rufous hummingbird that's spending the winter (at least so far) in Baiting Hollow, very far from her usual haunts in the far western US, was taken by Michael McBrien. This was last friday. LaLa has not been definitely seen since, but this does not mean she is not still around.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing if she is still around ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily - I don't know, since we left monday for our winter residence on Eleuthera. But that weekend was very tough, and I did not see her then. Let's hope she's ok, whether in Baiting Hollow or elsewhere. If I get any reports (friends will be checking on the property from time to time) I'll post them here. Meanwhile, conditions down here are even more tropical than on Long Island, and celebrating Christmas with the grandkids seems rather surreal. - Paul

    ReplyDelete