BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Friday, February 14, 2014

New Gumbo Clip: squished, but not defeated



Here's a short clip of Gumbo sitting on her rather squished, but already somewhat repaired, nest, taken this morning. The sound track features various nearby birds, which I cannot identify by sound alone.

Uploading even a short clip like this to YouTube took over 20 minutes, and prevents us from using the internet for much else, because our bandwidth is rather limited. I've been experimenting with Imovie and will shortly be uploading a short film of  prestorm Gumbo. I'm hoping this will speed up the uploading process, as well as allowing me to edit the material.

Here's my first Imovie attempt, using footage taken before the storms. Note the still frame at the end (with the "credits") is from Baiting Hollow


No comments:

Post a Comment