BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fred Glowers; Last minute cancellation of court meeting

Today Fred spent a bit of time on his old perch. Of course I was eating supper on the deck of the rear cabin and the camcorder was in the front cabin, but I managed to slowly creep past him, retrieve, switch on and focus the camera, and position myself closely without disturbing him. Here's a clip (4X slo mo) from the material I shot. He looks rather pugnacious, as he catches the westering sun.



Tomorrow at 10 am in the Supreme Court building the continuation of our postponed, and rather disastrous, initial may 27th "Preliminary Conference" was to take place. However at 7 pm tonight I got an email from my new lawyer to say that the meeting has been cancelled. I still haven't spoken to her, although she was retained by my insurance company at the beginning of last week. However, she seems to be on the case, and I will report here what happens. Of course I'm anxious to mount a comprehensive defense, not just against the $3M claim, but also about the fundamental and ludicrous claim that backyard bird sanctuaries are somehow illegal under residential zoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment