BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Monday, August 18, 2014

good availability; Cuphea


Today's photo was taken 2 days ago at the sanctuary by Dan De Mato (DanielDeMatoPhotography.com). It shows a hummer feeding at Cuphea ignis "David Verity" (**), often known as cigar plant or firecracker (though many others also bear this name).

We have good upcomingavailability wed pm, thur am and pm. More slots will be posted very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Incredible photo. That plant is fun. I just wish it could endure cold zones. I haven't heard back so I guess the slots filled up. I'll keep checking for a Sat afternoon slot. I'm looking forward to seeing a hummingbird for the first time in NY. Thanks so much for making this available to folks.

    ReplyDelete