BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Friday, June 10, 2016

Fred glows at sunset

I'm back at the sanctuary after 6 nights away in Maine (5 in Cape Elizabeth, 1 on Mount Desert Island, where we revisited 2 fabulous gardens, Asticou and Thuya - I hope to post pics soon).
The roses are in bloom here - all of them climbers, and mostly old-fashioned types climbing up trees. I'll feature them in another post soon, but here I wanted to show 3 clips of Fred late in the day. The first shows him intimidated by a bee at one of his feeders (the one at the northeast corner of the property), the other two were filmed well after sunset, at another of the feeders at the bluff edge. The first is in real time, the second 2 at 2X slo-mo.







No comments:

Post a Comment