BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Meet me on my 69th birthday; Rambling roses and a hummingbird

Some of my readers may never have met me. Here I am today on my 69th birthday, at the Hummingbird Sanctuary. Meet me in the (rather meager) flesh in august when we open to visitors!  I filmed this little video to act as an introduction to my previous movie (see my previous blog post) on climbing roses.



I also filmed more of the climbing roses. While filming (with a live commentary) one of them, Etain, I noticed a hummingbird feeding at a nearby feeder. I was able to swing the camera to the hummingbird (rather jerkily), and then back again to the rambling rose.  Note the sparkling Sound in the background. A beautiful birthday, surrounded by roses and hummingbirds.


Here's a commentary on Etain which I filmed just before the above video. It shows a close-up of a flower.


Also, Frances Lester:




and Darlow's Enigma:



















No comments:

Post a Comment