BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, August 24, 2013

waiver update; flowering maple

I have now approved waiver requests up to tuesday aug 20 10.09 pm. I hope to approve those made on wed aug 21 quite soon. The flow of waiver requests is now ebbing, so I should be fully current with all waiver requests by the end of the weekend.

Here's another of Jimmy Chiu's nice recent pictures, again featuring abutilon. If you come on monday you can probably meet several of the photographers I've recently featured on the blog, who will be in action, and also checking that everyone has brought a waiver. We will be closed tuesday morning but probably open mon and wed and the rest of the week, though always check the blog before setting out.


No comments:

Post a Comment