BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, June 6, 2015

I lectured on hummingbirds at Martin Viette this morning at 10 am!

Here I'm lecturing at Martin Viette (East Norwich, see http://www.martinviette.com/2015-springsummer-seminars-festivals/)
at 10 am this morning! Thanks Donna DeSousa for the first photo. The talk was in a tent under the flaps of which lots of light leaked (which washed out my projected slides and movies), but the staff displayed some nice hummingbird-friendly plants, including the golden shrimp (Pachystachys lutea) which you see behind me. Everyone seemed to enjoy the event.




Photo by Mike Chachkes

1 comment: