BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Today's vid: female hummer at coral honeysuckle

After the Martin Viette talk this morning arrived at the sanctuary at 1.20 (quick ride on the LIE) and took a needed nap. This evening quite a bit of activity on the front deck, but all very quick. This is the best I could manage. A female (Suzy?) stealing into feed at Lonicera sempervirens while Fred was busy elsewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment