BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Monday, June 29, 2015

repeat performance

This evening, just after sunset, sitting on the front deck, I saw exactly the same behavior as yesterday evening. An adult male hummingbird (probably Pete, the nondominant guy we saw a few weeks ago) feeds at cuphea David Verity, then tries to feed  at the nearby feeder, whereupon he's immediately attacked by Fred, the boss. But this time I managed to film him feeding at the cuphea, despite the fading light. 2X slo-mo.


No comments:

Post a Comment