BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Roses n' hummers

I was filming a red climbing rose ("Blaze") on the front deck in Baiting Hollow, with the Sound in the background, when a hummer (Fred) sweeps in front of me and goes briefly to the adjacent feeder, and then takes off into the distance, to check out the rest of his territory.  2X slo-mo


And here's a frontal view of Fred taking off from his new favorite perch - I don't know why he seems to have largely abandoned the old favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment