BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year LaLa! But deep freeze is on the way.

The heroic Donna DeSousa went out again today to check on LaLa and maintain the feeders. She's also a skilled photographer and captured this beautiful image:




Many thanks Donna!

It looks as though a hard prolonged freeze is on its way next week. We are going to  try and set up the heated feeder I bought a couple of  weeks ago. If any hummer enthusiast on or near the North Fork is reading this,  is reasonably practical/handy, and would like to help LaLa please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment