BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Thumbelina's chicks almost ready to fledge

Everything seems to have happened very fast though it's already 5 weeks since I first spotted the nest. The chicks are now both poking their heads well out of the nest and looking around alertly. The nest itself has expanded in diameter and flattened somewhat. Tomorrow rain and wind is predicted but I think they will in any case soon fledge. Here are a couple of clip from this morning.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment