BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Breaking News: I'm covered under our Stony Brook policy; more slo-mo Coral



I just learned that under our Stony Brook homeowners' State Farm policy I'm apparently covered for this Hummingbird lawsuit! Our policy is not of the umbrella type, which I why, rather stupidly, I didn't  check with State Farm until very recently, but nevertheless, and perhaps surprisingly, it covers me for this type of thing even out in Baiting Hollow, up to a limit of $500,000. That should at least cover the initial legal fees.
A lawyer has been assigned to the case, and hopefully I will soon speak with her. I'm not sure how exactly this would interact with my representing myself, or with my wider interests in this matter, or those of other birders/gardeners. beyond for example the $3M the plaintiffs are demanding.

The weather is very damp and gray, with occasional rain, so although I'm seeing Fred and Coral, I cannot easily take video. In the meantime here are some more slow mo clips from my session with Coral at her lovely honeysuckle (which Fred is now also visiting, albeit very briefly.



3 comments:

  1. This is very good news about having legal coverage under homeowner's policy!!
    I have exactly the same honeysuckle and it was very interesting to see the hum. in slow motion - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I really enjoy these video clips too.

    ReplyDelete