BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, June 25, 2016

new glimpses; Claire with the roses on my birthday

Hummer visits to my feeders continue to be infrequent and very brief (a second or two) - clearly no need to fatten up yet! Here are 2 I filmed today - both Fred, but I sometimes see a female dashing in. Of course the females are now preoccupied with feeding protein to their rapidly growing young, in the form of insects, with only quick energy snacks for themselves. The first is 4x slo-mo, the second 2x. Both at the same feeder but 15 minutes apart.



                                    

Having introduced myself to you through my roses on my earlier post, I thought I should also show you my wonderful wife Claire, also with the roses for my birthday. Francois Juranville, Frances Lester, Darlow's Enigma.






No comments:

Post a Comment