BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Friday, June 15, 2018

Fredcam!




We were in Maine for a week and on my return saw that Fred has very slightly shifted his perch - to another twig very close to the one he was previously using. Perhaps he was annoyed by my droning (which I've now stopped) but the new perch is also at the top of the dead pine tree, and within a few feet of the old perch. I've decided to try live streaming this perch - you should be able to  see the stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbW4aEWJksI. Of course he's often not on his perch so watching the livestream can be tedious. But if you look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNuUEp-mhg8




 you will see an earlier archived livestream where Fred arrives at 18.12. Towards the end of this video I add the 1.5 teleconverter to the Canon camcorder, for a total zoom of 30. Note the camera is 100 feet way from the perch!
Please let me know if this live-streaming "Fredcam" is working for you!

Update: at 7.31 Fred briefly visited his old perch.

No comments:

Post a Comment