BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Getting more interesting: 2 adult males

Well, it appears that at the moment I'm hosting 2 adult males - a dominant one I will call Fred (since he might be the same one I saw in june last year), and an intruder. The dominant one is spending a lot of time perching near the various feeders I now have scattered around, and attacking the intruder from time to time. This happens very quickly and almost impossible to film. But here is some more footage of Fred perching and feeding.




No comments:

Post a Comment