BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, May 2, 2015

He's still here! New sharper video

I arrived back at the sanctuary at noon, and immediately saw a male hummer - almost certainly the one I saw on wednesday, at the feeder on the rearmost deck of the back cabin "Hummingbird Cottage" This is always a popular one because it's essentially in the tree tops, despite being only 6 feet above a deck. This feeder was quite low, so I re-filled it. I saw him on the move a couple of times, then around 1.15 pm filmed the following movie (2X slo-mo as usual), which is much better focussed than my last one.



Although I'm still weak, I managed to pick up a couple of interesting hummingbird plants at local nurseries on my way here. More details soon. I'm now going to

No comments:

Post a Comment