BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

LaLa yesterday - and today? .......UPDATE!



Here's a nice photo of LaLa, taken yesterday by Stan Furtak. As you can see she seemed to be doing fine, and I am told she was busy visiting feeders and flowers, fluffing up her feathers, and even catching insects. But early this morning the temperature went down to 13 degrees (see http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNYRIVER10#history for weather history and a nice webcam view of Long Island Sound, just a short distance east of me at Reeves Beach).
I will post information on LaLa's status as soon as I have it.

WELL, I HAVE IT: LaLa survived the night and is flying around as usual!

Here on Eleuthera we had heavy rain overnight, brought by the same cold front  afflicting Long Island, NY). However Mme W is still sitting tightly on her nest, which looks to be in good shape. Here's this morning's video:


No comments:

Post a Comment