BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Fourth! - Fred parades




1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that hummingbirds visited Long Island or that there was a sanctuary. My wife and I picked up bird watching this January and are enjoying the learning process. I have always been facinated with hummingbirds but have never seen them in Syosset, where I live.

    I would love to visit the sanctuary. Where would I go to see the posted dates. I am not sure I understand where and how you post them. Is there a mailing list I can join?

    Thanks so much!

    Ed from Syosset

    ReplyDelete