BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Saturday, July 15, 2017

First Opening Dates/Times


Fred welcomes visitors (by confirmed appointment only) at the sanctuary on the afternoon of thursday july 20 (3-5 only), and friday july 21 10-12.30 or 3-5. Many more dates on subsequent days will be announced here on a rolling basis, based on weather etc. However, under the terms of the lawsuit settlement, only 3 days a week and one half weekend day will be available. The sanctuary will permanently close to the public after sept 15.
So far hummingbird activity at the sanctuary is low, and it's probably best to wait until next week or later. But to make an appointment for one of the above 3 slots  please email me (paul.adams#stonybrook.edu) the announced date/time would like to visit. Please do not request an appointment for any other time, wait until your preferred time is posted at this blog. I will then send you instructions for visiting, which you should review carefully, letting me know that you agree to the rules, and then I will confirm your appointment. It's a bit of a hassle but I want to ensure that our last opening season is orderly and successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment