BASICS


BASICS: "Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with reverence..." (J. J. Audubon).
This is a blog about my summer life at the Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary, at my winter garden, Calypso, in the Bahamas, and aspects of life in general.
This private sanctuary is now permanently closed to the general public, as a result of a lawsuit brought by a neighbor. Only my friends and personal guests may visit (paul.adams%stonybrook.edu).

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A few garden snaps

There are 3 houses at Calypso, named "SeaStar", "WoodStar" (after the endemic hummingbird) and MorningStar. The smallest house is Morningstar, but it's closest to the ocean (and gets the worst of the salt). We have friends arriving tomorrow, from England, and Claire and I were getting Morningstar ready for them. I had my trusty little Lumix in my pocket and here are some snaps. Here's the cottage:


and here's the view in front of the cottage:


 Claire saw a turtle in the ocean today at this spot! And here are parts of the nearby garden


Yellow elder and Norfolk Pine


Palms.
All quite different from Baiting Hollow, but equally nice, and modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment